Many times our clients have spent a lot of money calling our office reason they can not locate their local printer as a result they can not print. This prompted me to write an article on how to install a local printer.
Below are the steps you should follow to install a local printer;
1. Open the Printers folder (Start->Settings->Printers
2. Double-click the “Add Printer” icon
3. When told to begin installing the printer, click Next, Do So
4. You are asked if you wish to install a Local or a Network Printer. For this FAQ, choose, Local Printer
5. Next, you need to enter the manufacturer and model number. If you cannot find it, or you have a disk that came with your printer, choose the “Have Disk” option and browse till you find it.
6. You will now be asked to select a port. Standard is LPT1, but COM2 can also be used. There are other options, but these are very rarely used.
7. You are asked to give the printer a name and whether it will be your default printer.
8. Then, you are asked whether to print a test page. It is suggested that you do.
9. Windows will now copy the files that it needs.